Year 6 SATs
Year 6 are busily preparing for their forthcoming SATs. The children are working incredibly hard, completing lots of practice papers and questions during their English and Maths lessons and using online revision tools to revise key areas of learning.
There are also lots of booster groups taking place to support the children with various areas of English and Maths. Annually, children in Year 6 have a ‘practice SATs week’ to help all the children feel familiar and confident with what the real week is going to be like.
Here are some key tips to remember when you take your SATs:
- Stay calm and don’t rush.
- Make sure you are really prepared before going into each test.
- Read the questions carefully.
- Use every minute of the exam and if you have time left, don’t forget to re-read your answers.
- Make sure you do lots of revision for each subject before the day of the test.
- Get plenty of sleep - try to keep your sleep routine as regular as possible.
- Eat well - have a good breakfast before the test.