30 Hours Free Childcare and Tax-Free Childcare
Cavendish Star - Spring Edition
Famous Illustrator - Liz Million Visits Cavendish
Lunchtime Lottery Winners' Reward
Sainsbury's Active Kids 2017
Ofsted - June 2016
I was delighted to be able to share with you a copy of the Ofsted report following our recent inspection in June. I hope you enjoyed reading it.
Since Ofsted said we are officially a ‘Good’ school in all areas, I have spent time thanking people for their contribution to the successes that Ofsted have recognised. It has been rewarding to do this because so many people including parents/carers, governors and staff have all contributed to our journey.
These are a summary of Ofsted’s key findings for parents and pupils:
• School leaders are utterly dedicated to the school and have been successful in driving improvements in teaching. There is a strong, caring ethos and expectations are high.
• The governing body challenges and supports the school well.
• Standards are rising and pupils make good progress in all subjects. The school has been successful in raising standards for boys in particular.
• The quality of teaching is good. The work pupils are given is fun but also challenging, particularly for the most able.
• Pupils behave well. They take a pride in their work and say they feel safe and secure when in school.
• Parents and carers are overwhelmingly happy with the quality of pupils’ welfare.
• Children in the early years achieve well and learn to follow routines. When they leave, they are ready for the demands of Year 1.
At Cavendish, we have a relentless drive to set high expectations for all pupils and are always willing to go that extra mile to ensure the best outcomes for our pupils.
The report is very positive and demonstrates the significant progress we have made over the last few years and it now challenges us to go forward with fresh enthusiasm to see what we can all achieve in the future.
Noreen Dunn - Headteacher